Micromax has announced the A116 Canvas HD, their new Flagship device. It has a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor and runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8MP rear camera with LED Flash and a VGA front-facing camera. It also comes with Hookup Instant messaging app. Micromax launched the A110 Superfone Canvas 2 and the A90S Superfone Pixel powered by dual-core processor last year.
Micromax A116 Canvas HD Specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS 16.7 million color display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, VGA front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with MicroSD
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS/A-GPS
- 2100 mAh battery
The Micromax A116 Canvas HD would go on sale in the first week of February 2013. It is expected at Sub-Rs. 15,000 price range. Micromax plans to introduce 30 new smartphones in 2013.